The general responsibility of this role is providing day to day support to the project General Manager and providing similar support to other projects within Vercity from time to time.
Specifically, this will be achieved by:
- Providing efficient and timely management and administrative support to the General Manager(s) in all aspects of managing the projects.
- Management of office communications and documentation, liaison with Service Providers and Authority/Trust Staff to ensure an effective level of service is maintained.
Where an Operations Manager is responsible for more than one project any reference to the singular should be read as pleural as relevant.
Peterborough – with travel to Vercity offices and project locations as required
PFI Project Agreement
- Support the General Manager to ensure the delivery of, and compliance with, all obligations of the Project Agreement, Project Finance documents and associated contract documents on behalf of the Project Company
- Maintain an understanding of the Project Agreement, Schedules to the Agreement and associated Service Provider sub-contracts
- Support the General Manager(s) as required in the delivery of Vercity’s obligations under the Management Services Agreements.
- Provide line management support to the Vercity team and 3rd party Contractors to the Project Company
- Assist the General Manager(s) in all elements of Insurance and Legal claims made against the Projects, ensuring Service Providers and the Authorities adhere to the appropriate claims procedure
- Act as representative on multidisciplinary groups and committees.
- Manage all office records and filing systems, both electronic and paper-based
- Manage project expenses, payments for functions, stationery and other items as directed by the General Manager
- Deal with incoming and outgoing communications as required by the General Manager
- Maintain the highest standard of communication and presentation via telephone, email and in person
- Organise and co-ordinate all meetings required to advance the specific strands of the project in line with the project plan and the direction of the General Manager(s)
- Receive Information Bulletins from the Authority/Trust and issue to the appropriate consortium member for action
- Coordinate Requests for Information from the Authority/Trust and distribute the responses
Service Performance Management
- Promote effective liaison with the Authority/Trust service users.
- Assist the General Manager in the correct application of contractor and sub-contractor performance monitoring regimes
- Ensure that all Service Providers provide evidence of contractual compliance with regard to all matters and in particular:
- Compliance with performance reporting requirements and the Performance Management System in respective Sub Contracts;
- Adherence to the Authority/Trust policies and procedures and statutory and legal obligations, including Health and Safety law, Insurance and Employment regulations
- If required by the Regional Manager, to deputise for the General Manager during planned or short-term unplanned absence
- Coordinate the production of project Board packs ensuring that all content is to a professional standard and is delivered to the agreed timetable
- Undertake other duties as requested by the General Manager as is reasonable and in accordance with Vercity’s delivery of contractual
- Participate in the orientation programme for new staff recruited to Vercity
This job description is intended to reflect, in outline, the responsibilities of the post-holder which may change over time with the Corporate and local business needs of Vercity and the particular PFI contract. It will therefore, be subject to periodic review.
Vercity believes that diversity is paramount to driving creativity, innovation and value for our clients and for our people. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, or social background.
Experience and Competencies
- Managing operational issues within a complex environment
- Evidence of being able to take responsibility for identifying and addressing operational performance issues
- Working within a PFI environment.
- Experience of working within complex and interrelated contractual arrangements.
- Managing hard and soft FM service providers’ performance.
- Insurance claim management.
- Knowledge of quality, environmental and health and safety standards and industry specifications across a multi-environment basis to include education and health facilities where appropriate.
- A high degree of interpersonal skills utilising these to build trust and confidence
- Problem solving in complex environments
- Engaging management style in providing advice and guidance to colleagues and other parties on FM issues with an ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understandable and persuasive manner
- Excellent written and presentational skills, including being computer literate with the Microsoft Office suite of programmes
- Professional in approach, outward looking and confident
- Promotes effective team work, shares information widely
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise accordingly
- Self-confident and resilient
Qualifications and Knowledge
Evidence of working towards a recognised management qualification is desirable
Please send us your name, contact details, CV and cover letter here.