Assist and support the General Manager in the delivery of the provisions set out in the Management Services Agreement for the respective projects.
To provide asset management support as directed by the Operational Management Team (OMT) or Technical Services Support Group (TSSG).
To interface between the Project Company and the services providers. Provide monitoring and management of service delivery including both statutory and non- statutory standards and requirements. To provide a technical and asset management lead to the Project Company(s).
Where an Asset Manager works across more than one project any reference to the singular should be read as pleural as relevant.
Mansfield Hospital - Working across multiple sites in the region
- Develop a detailed understanding of the Project Agreement and associated service provider contracts.
- Attend Service Review meetings leading on behalf of the Project Company as required
- Provide reports and alerts to OMT and/or TSSG relating to technical issues identified and to manage the resolution of the issues on behalf of the Project Company.
Monitoring and Management of Subcontractors
- Review and assess the output specifications for the project and ensure compliance.
- Co-ordinate to undertake the Risk Based Monitoring regime, as required, and address any actions or non-compliances identified.
- Monitor, review and report on the performance of FM service providers through direct observation, review of service desk reports and the assessment of their achievement of service standard objectives.
- Recognise where compliance activity is absent or unsatisfactory and take appropriate action.
- Identify and highlight critical high-risk areas within the service provider’s compliance regime which require immediate action to resolve.
- Provide guidance for development of processes as a part of resolution activity.
- Review service provider’s operational internal audits and monthly reports.
- Undertake reviews and provide technical reports to TSSG as required
- Monitor sub-contractor compliance with national standards, HTM’s, best practice and legislation or as required within the Project Agreement.
- Ensure application of environmental and health and safety standards.
- Ensure the HSAW legislation is fully observed at all times and that Vercity’s HSAW policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare monthly technical reports for inclusion in the General Manager’s reports to the Authority/Trust, Lenders and the Board.
- Represent the Project Company at technical meetings and user groups as required.
Asset Management Lead
- Undertake due diligence of replacement proposals received from the Project Company subcontractors to ensure that works are required and that the proposed cost appear reasonable.
- Undertake due diligence of variation inquiries received from the Authority/Trust and responses received from the FM subcontractor. liaising with Authority/Trust and FM subcontractor as required.
- Support the General Manager(s) in review of subcontractor lifecycle reports
- Interface with the Vercity Strategic Asset Management team as required.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the General Manager as is reasonable and in accordance with Vercity’s delivery of contractual requirements required.
- Participate in the orientation programme for new staff recruited to Vercity.
This job description is intended to reflect, in outline, the responsibilities of the post-holder which may change over time with the Corporate and local business needs of Vercity and the particular PFI contract. It will therefore, be subject to periodic review.
Experience and Competencies
- In depth knowledge of FM service delivery gained in a practical setting
- In depth knowledge of FM statutory and regulatory compliance
- Knowledge of working in a performance-based environment
- Knowledge of working with detailed contractual, statutory and guidance documents
- Knowledge of risk management principles and practices
- Proven record of service delivery
- Experience of quality assurance systems, performance monitoring systems and a PFI environment would be desirable
- A high degree of interpersonal skills and the ability to use these to build trust and confidence
- Problem solving in complex environments
- Engaging management style in providing advice and guidance on FM issues
- Ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understandable and persuasive manner
- An understating of financial management
- Excellent written and presentational skills, including business report writing
- Ability to work under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Computer literacy with the Microsoft Office suite of programmes
- Prioritisation of own workload on a day to day basis
- Positive participation in team meetings and other team interactions
- Strong time management skills to meet changing priorities and deadlines whilst ensuring the core tasks are delivered
- Ability to work with executive/senior managers
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in small team and work flexibly
- Self-confidence and resilience
Qualifications and Knowledge
A professional qualification in engineering or facilities management would be desirable
- Membership of an appropriate professional body
- A recognised Health and Safety qualification
Vercity believes that diversity is paramount to driving creativity, innovation and value for our clients and for our people. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, age, or social background.
Please send us your name, contact details, CV and cover letter here.