Queen Elizabeth Hospital: SPV Management
One of the earliest PFI contracts to design, build, finance and operate a 500-bed part new, part retained estate hospital. The hospital was opened in 2001 and replaced an existing military hospital built during the 1970s.
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
Original Investment Value
Vercity provides the management services for the operations of the project under an MSA as well as additional services including Vercity Consultancy – Commercial, Project Management and Strategic Asset Management for several large infrastructure projects that are currently underway and in discussion.
The facilities span an area of 78,780m2. It has 23 wards, 500 beds, seven main operating theatres and five day theatres.
Vercity Consultancy helps ensure the smooth operation of Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Services on the project include:
- Strategic Asset Management Consultancy Engagement to oversee Lifecycle Modelling and Work Scheduling
- Project Management appointment to oversee low lever risk project works and FF&E Roofing
- Design and construction for the development of an Endoscopy unit
- Bed replacement of 495 manual and old electric beds to new Enterprise beds
- Commercial and Project Management support at various stages throughout SIP project up to 2023.
- Installation of CT and MRI in design phase
- Electrical separation of Oxleas House
- Increase of winter bed capacity and refit of bedrooms and bathrooms
- Major electrical works on site to provide electrical resilience ahead of the SIP scheme
In 2020, Meridian undertook lifecycle painting and redecoration to the main theatres recovery area at QEH Woolwich and Vinci donated and installed the attached mural in the children’s area of the recovery suite, collaborating to create a colourful and fun area for young patients to recover in.